Monday, December 1, 2008

Sibling Rivalry

Just had to brag about my wonderful boy, Watson.  Tonight I gave him and Baby Gibson each a tennis ball.  (They can have them only so long we supervise - never unattended!)  Watson chewed on his for quite some time (but didn't destroy it).  Gibson, naturally, chewed his only until he realized there might be an opening to steal Watson's!

Watson, bless his little furry heart, let Gibson take the tennis ball - literally - right from under his nose!  Then he fixed his gaze on the ball Gibson had dropped in order to steal that one.  And watched it - for close to 30 seconds until I picked it up and gave it to him.  I think he was afraid to retaliate!!  I think he's getting the hang of it, though.  Gibson later left his ball unattended, and Watson snuck up - carefully looking both ways! - and grabbed it up while Gibson wasn't looking.  Shades of our Kipper, who is the only dog I've ever seen steal something from Wooster and get away with it!  He used to sneak up just when Woo put a toy down and turned his head!  It was always fun to watch him getting the better of the younger, stronger, faster dog! :)

Watson's been so sweet the whole night, letting Gibson take his tennis ball basically at will.  I'm told Watson may become less tolerant when Baby Gibson grows up.  I certainly hope not, but I somehow doubt it anyway...Good Boy, Watson!

No comments: