Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 3

I see the NaBloPoMo theme for January is "change."  Time for some positive change here, I hope.  Like keeping in better touch with old friends.  Returning our Netflix DVDs promptly so as to get the most out of our account.  Keeping up on the laundry.  Blogging a little more (and a little better).  And definitely - kicking the caffeine habit.  Again, these are not Resolutions.

Day 3 is almost over, and I'm feeling happy that I refused to indulge myself and stuck to my plan today.  A small victory, but something.

On the keeping in touch thread, I also found over the last couple of days that my high school has an alumni directory.  It is published in hard cover - $60!  Of course, it is comprehensive, but do I really care about the guy who graduated in 1949?  Probably not!  You can pay a smaller fee - about $40 - to access it online, but then you have to pay an annual subscription fee.  Grrr... Also, I seem to be connecting with people on FB to the point where I can get contact info for most anyone I want to find that I haven't found yet.  Perhaps you can tell that I'm on the fence about buying the directory?

Well, directory or no, I am excited about finding old friends in the New Year.  And kicking the caffeine.


No comments: