Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not feeling too clever today...

But I know the reading public is insane with curiosity about the status of my decaffeination experiment.

I am pleased to report that my plan is working.  I have managed to have no caffeine at all at the office or at home.  So far, my only breakdowns, cave-ins, what have you, came at fast food restaurants on the road.  It is hard to order a combo meal minus the soda, and I just can't get excited about diet anything.  Some places have OK (and caffeine-free) root beer...everywhere else I am making an exception to the no caffeine rule and allowing myself a cola.  But hey, I'm still cutting over 2500 calories/week out of my diet.  That, and cutting out the sugar, are the main goals!

On a completely unrelated topic, we had a lovely time in Des Moines, Iowa last weekend.  Watson went BOB on Sunday, which is always nice.  Also, we met up with a friend whose family was along w/ her.  Had a blast meeting her family.  She did well in group, and I always enjoy seeing friends win, so that capped the weekend off nicely.  Watson managed to get really messy when I pottied him before group on Sunday, necessitating about an hour's worth of work.  As everyone knows, this is purely human error.  I will have to be more careful about how & where I exercise him in the future - and perhaps acquire some additional "outfits".

I got quite a few pics of Watson and our friend w/ her Sussex spaniel.  Will try to post them in the next few days...

Grayslake here we come this weekend...


No comments: