Monday, March 30, 2009

State of the Art or "Technical Difficulties"


So I got a new camera for Christmas.  At first it worked great, then I began experiencing technical difficulties that caused most of my dog show photos to blur or appear very dark.  After checking over the manual tonight (thanks, Canon, for putting it online, since I can't locate the hard copy - except the Spanish language version!), it seems the device is compensating for the lack of lighting in the various venues when I turn off the flash.  So now I have to figure out how to set the ISO and shutter speeds.  Bummer!!  But at least I know what the issue is and can attempt to fix it.

A few of my pics were salvageable and are available via my Facebook album   As you'll see, these most show our Watson.  However, I did manage to capture a few pics of a friend's FS puppy, another friend's nice Curly-Coated Retriever and some photos of Laura handling Jack, her GWP special.  The above is my favorite photo of Watson from this weekend.  Had more of the pics turned out, there might have been a cute head shot; however, the butt shot will just have to do this time around. Sigh.

P.S. - Two breed wins, running unopposed; nothing in group.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Some photographer - why do I always manage to get the wrong end??