Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy 2008!

2007 ended on a high note, or several. First, we finished Watson's championship (see my last post). Major kudos to Watson!

Although we were busy in December, we managed to take the last several days of the year off, to be with family in Michigan and generally recharge our batteries. Mission accomplished! I can't believe we're back to work tomorrow, but even if the next couple of days are busy, it'll be a short week. Can't complain about that.

We had friends here for the New Year's Celebration. Thanks, David & Craig, for making the drive again this year. We had a fairly low-key evening, with dinner at home, then a brief trip out to the bar for the countdown.

Typical Clumbers, Wooster and Watson rang in the New Year, most likely, by sleeping through it. But they were glad to see us when we returned from our celebration. As always, Wooster did his best to look hungry, even though he had eaten just before we left. Good try, Woo!

I kept pretty busy throughout 2007, and I'm looking keeping up many of the same activities, and also looking forward to learning new things in 2008. I've been enjoying re-connecting with classmates and former colleagues this past year via LinkedIn. I'm looking forward to getting back into the ring with Watson, which should be a great learning experience, and I'll continue working with the Clumber Spaniel Health Foundation and the CSCA's legislative sub-committee. I'm also interested in getting back to my flute and using some other skills and taking on activities that I haven't done in a while. Not that these are New Year's Resolutions, by any means-- just things I'm interested in pursuing in 2008. I think it's going to be a busy year!

We are also looking forward to the CSCA's National Specialty, to be held in the Poconos this year. The setting promises to be an unusually beautiful one (this does not generally appear to be among the criteria for choosing a site), and we have enjoyed attending these events the last 5 years or so. Maybe we'll see you there...

No comments: